BookMacster 2.2.5 MacOSX | 17.7 MB
Versatile bookmarks management application for Mac OS X that is able to automatically import entries and export the cleaned list. Most web browsers come with their own bookmark managers, but the provided functionalities are rather limited. BookMacster is a Mac app that is able to extract all your bookmarks, enables you to sort them and remove the duplicates from the list, and then helps you send the cleaned version back to the browser.Import bookmark lists from popular web browsers
BookMacster is able to work with 3 popular web browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. The application will analyze the bookmarks list on its own, imports the entries, and then displays them in list or tree mode. Note that BookMacster must install a separate extension to be able to analyze the Firefox bookmarks list.
The best part is that you can decide to import / export data only from / to certain web browsers. From this point of view, BookMacster provides complete control over your data.Clean up your bookmarks list in no time
BookMacster offers you the possibility to sort your entries by different criteria, enables you to group them by tags, allows you to add separators, and helps you find duplicate entries. Noteworthy is that you may also rearrange the websites in the list via drag and drop actions.
Moreover, BookMacster also provides customization options when dealing with the automatic syncing process: the app can monitor the web browsers and import any changes, and can directly export the list back if certain conditions are met. To avoid any issues, setting up a delay period for the syncing is advisable.Resourceful solution for managing and organizing your bookmarks
BookMacster is a great tool to have around if you have large bookmarks lists that you need to organize: you can easily sort them by applying various rules, define specific groups, and even detect duplicates. Keep in mind that you can export the final list to all your browsers, so you will have access to the entire database, regardless of the client of choice.
- Manage Browser Bookmarks. Add alphabetizing and tagging. Verify, fix dupes, consolidate.
- Cross-Browser Syncing. Sync bookmarks of Safari Firefox, Chrome, and more among all your devices.
- Directly. Keep your bookmarks in one central store, accessible within web browsers.Features
- Compatible with iCloud's Safari syncing, Google Chrome's Sign In, and Firefox Sync. Bookmarks added to Safari from BookMacster on your Mac will sync via iCloud to Safari on iOS devices.
- Import/export with Safari, Firefox, Chrome, iCab, Opera 11-12, Roccat, Pinboard, Delicious, Diigo, and OmniWeb.
- Easily organize with Tags, Hierarchy, or both.
- Verifies bookmarks, fixes redirects and duplicates.
- Sort (alphabetize) automatically when bookmarks are changed. You control which folders you want to be sorted or not sorted, how to sort them.
- Supports multiple User Profiles in Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Scriptable to collect new bookmarks from NetNewsWire or similar apps.What's new in BookMacster 2.2.5
* Compatible with Firefox 47+, due to changes in our application and a new version 329 of our Sheep Systems Sync Extension for Firefox, which users will be prompted to install upon first launching this version.
* Feature Update Insecure Bookmarks has been added. It tests all bookmarks which use the ht*p:// scheme and changes those which respond to use htt*s:// instead.
* Added feature to Remove URL Cruft, which is in the Bookmarks menu. This feature can automatically find and remove undesired key=value pairs in bookmark URLs, such as those used by Google Analytics.
* The tab Reports > Find is now Find/Replace. It now supports text replacement in bookmark and folder names, tags, comments and shortcuts, finding and find/replace can be done with regular expressions, also known as regex or grep.
* Title of main menu item Bookmarkshelf has been changed to Bookmarks. All four apps look the same in this way now.
* The popup menus in the Quick Search field (in the Content view of a document) and the Mini Search field (in the menu extra) now have two Search Options: Case Sensitive and Whole Words.
* No longer provokes Apple's security daemon (secd) in recent versions of OS X 10.11 to print a batch of "-34018" warnings to the system console upon launch, and at other times.
* If bookmarks are changed such that the only changes are to one or more URLs, such as may occur in particular after a Verify, Upgrade Insecure Bookmarks or Remove URL Cruft operation, Safari will now read in the changes immediately, and if changes are made to bookmarks within Safari before quitting, the URL changes exported from BookMacster will no longer be overwritten.
* In Inspector window, the Name, Shortcut and Comments fields accept drops (of text) normally now.
* Sort direction indicators more reliably change immediately now after clicking them.
* Fixed a bug which caused the gear-icon button in the lower right corner of the Verify report to verify all bookmarks instead of what it indicates, which is to only verify bookmarks which have never been verified.
* Corrected label and some operations in Advanced Client Settings sheet.
* Added a hidden debugging feature (LaunchDog).
* In Content view, if selected item(s) are at Root, the Lineage View now says this in words instead of just showing an empty space.
* Fixed bug which could cause a crash when Content is in Table Mode and items are moved using the *Move to..." contextual menu item.
* Help Book better explains Launch in Background feature; removed hacky instructions for older OS X versions.
* In Logs, the "Job already staged..." entry now indicates the process identifier which staged the job.
* No longer raises exception if Sheep-Sys-Worker encounters an error such as Safe Limit violation, user clicks "View Now", then "Cancel" in the error SSYAlert dialog.
* Added Failure Reason and Recovery Suggestion to Error 651507.
* Improved formatting of Failure Reason and Recovery Suggestion in error presentations.
* Updated the Sparkle framework, which implements the Check for Update feature, to version 1.14.1. This is an internal "clean up" and should not affect operation. (We have been using the security-patched version 1.13.1 since 2016-02-29.)
* No longer checks for presence of Bookwatchdog (part of our legacy app) during launch. This may have been conflicting with new security restrictions in OS X for a few users, and causing failure to launch.
* No longer enters Could not find image named... message in system console during launch.
* In the License Info window, the text cursors now behave normally.
* The Tags Popover now prefers to pop to the right instead of down, so that Content Outline and Tags View are less likely to be obscured.
* Added an option (checkbox) in the Verify operation to verify all bookmarks which failed the previous Verify operation.
* Tags View now changes selection when mouse is clicked down instead of up, so that drags work more as expected.
* The File > Import from only and File > Export to only followed by Choose File (Advanced) present appropriate dialogs and work correctly now in some rarely-used cases where previously they did not.
* The tooltips on the Outline/Table mode switch in the Content view now indicate their proper respective meanings.
* Now exports correctly to OmniWeb even if hard folders are missing, which happens if there are no bookmarks in them or when exporting to a new folder using Choose File (Advanced).
* Support for the now-defunct Glims Safari enhancer has been removed.
* Increased the amount of time allowed for Firefox or Chrome to acknowledge themselves from 3 to 10 seconds. This was done in response to a report of a timeout Error 145725 occurring with Firefox during a reboot.
* In the Find table results, when using the View sort added in version 2.1, it now maintains its order after the content is changed, by deleting a bookmark for example.
* Fixed bug introduced a couple months ago which caused the warning or critical badges on the application icon in alerts to be very tiny.
* In the Content View, the background color brightness behind folder names now varies such that there is always some color at all indentation levels, instead of saturating to white for level 5 and higher.
* The Manage Browser Extensions window is no longer cluttered with controls for the Chrome Toolbar Button extensions and Firefox Menu Items extensions which are not useful in Synkmark.
* In the Manage Browser Extensions window, the introductory text, and tooltips on the Install buttons for Firefox, now give correct, updazed information.
* The *Save, Export Disabled" hyperlink in the document window title bar now disappears immediately after the app is licnsed in any way, including opening another document with License Info embedded.
* In the Help Book, updated which still looked like version 1, and some related text, to the current look of version 2. Requirement:
Intel, 64-bit processor OS X 10.10 or later Home Page
Buy Premium To Support Me & Get Resumable Support & Max Speed
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction