BetterZip 3.1.2 Multilangual | MacOSX | 10.7 MB
BetterZip is a fully-featured and user-friendly (Mac OSX) application that provides the required tools to compress files and folders, edit existing archives, preview their content and password protect sensitive data.
- Extract Only Files You Really Need: If you only need a few files or folders from a larger archive, you don't have to extract the whole thing. Simply drag the files you need from the BetterZip window to any Finder window or the desktop.
- Open Archives Without Extracting: Not only can BetterZip open archives without first extracting them but you can also search for a file using the iTunes-like interface. BetterZip can open and extract archives with the most common formats: ZIP, SIT, TAR, XAR, XZ, GZip, BZip2, RAR, 7-Zip, CPIO, ARJ, LZH/LHA, JAR, WAR, CAB, ISO, CHM, RPM, DEB, NSIS, BIN, HQX, DMG, EPUB, and Winmail.dat.
- Create Archives: Simply drag files and folders from your hard drives, disks, or network places into your new zip file. You no longer have to copy all the files into a temporary folder first. The supported formats are ZIP, TAR, GZip and BZip2 compressed TAR, XAR, 7-ZIP, and RAR (using the external RAR commandline tool). Large archives can also be split.
- Protect Your data: BetterZip can protect your data with a password and create AES-256 encrypted archives. 7-zip and rar archives can also be protected.
- Update Archives: Add new or updated files to existing archives. Remove any file or folder from an archive, or even move files around inside the archive as if it were a normal folder.
- Make Archives Compatible: Strip Mac specific files and resource forks from archives for best compatibility with systems like Windows or Linux.What's New Version 3.1.2:
- Fixed a security vulnerability in the included Quick Look generator.
- Choosing a save or extract preset from the menu didn't work under certain conditions.
- Extracting files while the preview for the right sidebar was still being generated could result in an empty file.
- Fixed two rare crashers.Language:
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.9 or later