Jetico BestCrypt Volume Encryption 3.71.06 Multilingual | 6.7 Mb
Your computer gets lost or stolen... Are you safe? BestCrypt Volume Encryption provides superior whole disk encryption for all the data stored on fixed and removable disk devices. Your laptop gets lost at the airport or a USB stick carrying your private data get misplaced. BestCrypt Volume Encryption delivers speed, flexibility and privacy for anyone concerned with protecting sensitive information on lost computers or stolen laptops.Benefits & AdvantagesPrevent unintended data leaks
BestCrypt Volume Encryption protects all data on entire hard drives from leaking out. With Pre-Boot Authentication, BestCrypt Volume Encryption is loaded before your operating system so nobody can get access to any data on your computer or drive unless they have the right password or keys.Painless encryption: work easily and transparently
BestCrypt Volume Encryption is really easy to use - once the Password (If need) verified, you can transparently access and use the data for any application. No further actions are needed to keep new or altered data in the secure encrypted state.Superior whole disk encryptionCompared to full disk encryption, BestCrypt Volume Encryption offers the following added benefits:
More flexible solution (works on RAID)
More user-friendly method
Lighter performance impactSupport for UEFI-based computers - Secure Boot included
BestCrypt Volume Encryption allows encryption of boot/system volumes on computers with operating systems loaded according to Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI).Gain peace of mind with strong encryption algorithms
BestCrypt Volume Encryption utilizes strong encryption algorithms (AES, Serpent and Twofish). Each algorithm is implemented with the largest possible key size defined in the algorithm's specification, all avalable with the most secure XTS encryption mode.New features in version 3
BestCrypt Volume Encryption version 3 provides the next evolution in performance and security from the pioneers in native encryption for disk volumes.
1. More robust support of encrypted disk volumes. To reconfigure the size, location or type of software RAID, earlier versions of the software first required decryption of the encrypted volumes. Now version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption automatically adapts its internal information for encrypted volumes when changing their configuration. (Read Update Notes)
2. Two-Factor Authentication with conventional removable disks (like USB sticks). With version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption, encryption keys can be moved to removable storage.So anyone who wants to access an encrypted volume must: 1) know password for the key; 2) have the removable disk where the key is stored. (Read Update Notes)
3. Added layer of security by booting of encrypted volumes from trusted network. In this case, encryption keys of boot/system disk volumes are not stored on the local computer, but on a network server. Enterprises can now benefit from an additional level of security. Since encryption keys are stored on an enterprise server, access to encrypted computers will be only possible when connected to the enterprise network. (Read Update Notes)
4. Speed boost from support for new machine instructions (AES-NI) in the latest Intel processors. As a result, speed of the AES encryption module utilizing AES-NI instructions increased up to 5 times. Disk access to the encrypted volumes now operate up to 30% faster.
5. Faster initial encryption. Earlier versions of the software encrypted a whole disk volume sector-by-sector, including unused disk space. If disk is large (terabytes), initial encryption process requires dozens of hours. In version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption, if the volume is empty, the user can run Format and encrypt process that will avoid long sector-by-sector encryption. The volume will be just marked as 'encrypted' and all the data written to the volume later will be encrypted. Unused disk space remains unencrypted. Optionally, the user can run Erase, format and encrypt process. In that case, the volume will be wiped (overwritten), formatted and marked for encryption.
6. Secure unattended reboot. Version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption utilizes Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware available on many motherboards for the purpose of unattended reboot of computers with encrypted boot/system disk volumes. This feature is necessary to manage servers that are required to function around the clock. If such a server has an encrypted boot/system volume, every reboot of the server requires manual password entry at boot time. With this new feature, a server administrator can choose an interval of time when BestCrypt Volume Encryption (with help of TPM) should support unattended reboot of the server. (Read Update Notes)
7. Support of eToken Pro Java hardware from SafeNet (former Aladdin). Earlier versions of BestCrypt Volume Encryption supported Two-Factor Authentication with the help of eToken R2 and eToken Pro hardware. eToken Pro Java is the latest hardware designed by SafeNet for such a purpose.
8. Added convenience for mounting volumes and protection against accidental formatting. When Windows discovers that an encrypted unmounted volume has been connected, it asks for the volume to be formatted. In some cases, this resulted in accidental formatting of encrypted volumes. Version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption now has the option to disable Windows formatting messages and offers an additional option to suggest mounting the volume for access.
9. Added support for other physical sector sizes. Disk devices with physical sector sizes other than 512 bytes are now supported in version 3 of BestCrypt Volume Encryption.