The Fondary Katana 2.5v1 (x64) | 189.76 MB
KATANA®'s highly efficient, collaborative approach to lighting and look development gives you the creative scope and scalability to meet the needs of today's most demanding CG-rendering projects.
Equally suited to both short and long-form animation and VFX projects, KATANA's unique design lets you work with massive scenes and high volumes of shots; easily reuse looks; and make revisions without repeating scene setup work, so you can spend more time achieving higher quality results.
1) Collaborate with other team members to share art direction and technical setups
2) Reuse work between assigned tasks, with flexible node-graph and rule-based workflows
3) Load even super-large scenes at lightning speeds, thanks to deferred loading and processing
4) Work in parallel to finish faster with the ability to separately update look-development and animation data
5) Use your renderer of choice, with a unified workflow for Renderman, V-Ray, Arnold and 3Delight, or add your own renderer
6) Integrate, automate or customize KATANA to fit your pipeline and processes with extensive C and Python APIs
27 July 2016, New Features:
Introducing KATANA 2.5 now on Windows:
The Foundry Katana 2.5v1
KATANA® 2.5 is the latest version of our award-winning lighting and look development software. Now, studios large and small who need to bring greater efficiency to their lighting and rendering pipeline can use KATANA on either Windows or Linux.
In addition, KATANA 2.5 is easier to install, and offers an expanded range of supporting plug-ins, including RenderMan, V-Ray, Arnold and 3Delight.
What else is new in KATANA 2.5?
* Color and float ramp widgets
* Gaffer Three light filter support
* Online searchable help and developer documentation
* Performance profiling diagnostics