FileOptimizer 9.00.1541 Final + Portable | 83.4 Mb
File Optimizer is a reliable and useful piece of software designed to provide you with a simple means of re-compressing and optimizing files of various types and attaching them to e-mails much easier. As its name states, the application optimizes all your files, including BMP, CHM, CHS, DOCM, DOCX, FITS, XSF and other various types. Also, it keeps the behavior of the file untouched, but it is still able to reduce its size thanks to several re-compression and optimization techniques that it uses.
Irrespective of the file type you choose to re-compress and optimize, the utility is very easy to use and is suitable for various users, including web developers who need to reduce content weight or webmasters who want to increase the page load speed.
File Optimizer sports an intuitive and user-friendly interface that allows you to add as many files as you want to optimize or simply drag and drop them inside the application, then hit the ‘Optimize all files' button, which is located in the upper part of the window.
You are able to view the original size of the files, the optimized size and the status for each one. By default, the program removes additional metadata and other unneeded information, but still keeps the original files in your Recycle Bin if you want to perform any further modifications to the originals.
The Options window enables you to easily configure the appearance and the behavior of the application as well. You can change the optimization level to Normal, Fast or Better, as well as to modify the process priority to Normal, Realtime or High.
Other tabs that can be found in the Options window such as GZ, JPEG, MP3 or PNG allow you to copy metadata and change the PDF profile to Printer or Ebook.
Overall, File Optimizer makes a good impression and is very useful, as it offers an intuitive method of re-compressing files regardless of their type, by enabling you to make use of all the available resources and options.Quick facts
* Simple program interface.
* Easy to use.
* Several third party tools integrated in one same tool (plugins).
* Easy automation via command-line. Key features
* Suitable for home users that need to speedup file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers.
* Suitable for webmasters to increase the page load speed.
* Suitable for web developers to reduce content weight.
* Suitable for desktop developers in any platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
* Suitable for mobile developers (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
* Suitable for server administrators that could integrate FileOptimizer via command-line.
* Suitable for content creators and distributors to reduce content weights.
FileOptimizer is an advanced file optimizer featuring a lossless (no quality loss) file size reduction that supports: .3GP, .A, .AAI, .ACC, .AIR, .APK, .APNG, .APPX, .AVS, .BAR, .BMP, .BPL, .BSZ, .CBT, .CBZ,
> > > >
.CDR, .CDT, .CHM, .CHS, .CHW, .CPL, .CSL, .CSS, .DCX, .DEB, .DES, .DIB, .DLL, .DOC, .DOCM, .DOCX, .DOT, .DOTM, .DOTX, .DRV, .DWF, .DWFX, .EASM, .EPDF, .EPUB, .EXE, .FAX, .FB2, .FITS, .FLAC, .FPX, .FXG, .GALLERY, .GALLERYCOLLECTION, .GALLERYITEM, .GIF, .GRS, .GZ, .HDR, .HRZ, .HTM, .HTML, .ICO, .INK, .IPA, .IPK, .IPSW, .ITA, .ITZ, .JAR, .JFI, .JFIF, .JIF, .JNG, .JP2, .JPC, .JPE, .JPEG, .JPG, .JS, .JSON, .KML, .KMZ, .KSF, .LIB, .LZL, .M4A, .M4B, .M4P, .M4R, .M4V, .MDB, .MDT, .MDZ, .MHT, .MHTML, .MIF, .MIFF, .MIX, .MIZ, .MKA, .MKS, .MKV, .MMIP, .MNG, .MP3, .MP4, .MPD, .MPP, .MPT, .MSI, .MSP, .MST, .MSZ, .MTV, .MVZ, .NAR, .NBK, .NOTEBOOK, .O, .OBJ, .OCX, .ODB, .ODF, .ODG, .ODP, .ODS, .ODT, .OEX, .OGA, .OGG, .OGV, .OGX, .ONE, .OSK, .OST, .OTB, .OXPS, .P7, .PALM, .PBM, .PCC, .PCD, .PCDS, .PCX, .PDB, .PDF, .PFM, .PGM, .PIC, .PICON, .PICT, .PK3, .PNG, .PNM, .POTM, .POTX, .PPAM, .PPM, .PPS, .PPSM, .PPSX, .PPT, .PPTM, .PPTX, .PSB, .PSD, .PTIF, .PTIFF, .PUB, .PUZ, .R2SKIN, .RDB, .RMSKIN, .RVT, .S3Z, .SCR, .SGML, .SLDASM, .SLDDRW, .SLDM, .SLDPRT, .SLDX, .SPL, .STZ, .SUN, .SVG, .SVGZ, .SWC, .SWF, .SYS, .TAR, .TGZ, .THM, .TIF, .TIFF, .VBX, .VDX, .VICAR, .VIFF, .VLT, .VSD, .VSS, .VST, .VSX, .VTX, .WAL, .WBA, .WBMP, .WEBP, .WMZ, .WSZ, .XAP, .XBM, .XHTML, .XL, .XLAM, .XLC, .XLM, .XLS, .XLSM, .XLSX, .XLTM, .XLTX, .XLW, .XML, .XMZ, .XNK, .XPI, .XPM, .XPS, .XSF, .XSL, .XSLT, .XSN, .XWD, .ZIP, STICKYNOTES.SNT, and THUMBS.DB file formats among others.New in version 9.00.1541 (August 15, 2016)
* Ribbon interface is by default disabled, and replaced by traditional menus. There is a new Appearance tab under Options dialog where you can reenable it (Newtomic)
* Added context menu Open containing folder (Special)
* Now you can override virtually any INI setting thought the command-line. For instance FileOptimizer32.exe /GIFAllowLossy=true
* Added INI option ShutdownWhenDone=false to specify the OS to shutdown as soon as optimization of all queued files is done (guindos98)
* Implemented simple command-line help when specifying /? switch
* Enhanced update checker
* Implemented a Statistics section that can be checked inside the Information window
* Improved single instance detection, because it did not work properly on Vista and later (Special)
* Embarcadero themes have conflicts with Windows 10 Anniversay update, so we get back to default Windows one in 10 or later (RejZoR, TPS)
* Made abort optimization message more clearer (Louis Horvath)
* Fixed main window position not properly restored on launch (hairycactus)
* Simplified ECT multithreading, because it already knows the number of threads to use
* Retested in Windows XP RTM, and Windows 10 Anniversary
* Updated help file
* Updated Leanify to 0.4.3.149 daily binaries
* Updated to ECT 0.6.2.0 -ef70e0- x86 and x64 optimized builds (thanks Malloc Voidstar)
* Changed from pngwolf to pngwolf-zopfli, which gives higher rations, and a native x64 build (TPS)
* Updated ImageMagick 220.127.116.11 with HDRI support
* Updated to cppcheck 1.75
* Some minor optimizations and code cleanupRequirements
* 32 Mb of free memory.
* 50 Mb of disk space available. OS:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 2008 / 10 (32/64-bit) and 2K / 2003 / 2008 R2 / Server 2012HomePage