:Charles Villiers Stanford: Organ Works, Vol. 2Year Of Release
:FLAC (tracks) [24Bit/96kHz]Total Time
:1,04 GB (d.booklet)WebSite
:Album PreviewRecorded: Freemasons' Hall, Edinburgh on 8-9 October 2012.
Following his landmark recording of Giles Swayne's Stations of the Cross (RES10118), organist Simon Niemiński returns to the Resonus label with an engaging recital of organ works by Charles Villiers Stanford (see volume 1, Tom Winpenny, RES10104). Tracklist
Showcasing another of Edinburgh's rich and varied crop of instruments, Niemiński performs on the unspoilt 1913 Brindley and Foster organ of Freemasons' Hall, right in the heart of the city. Recently given a full restoration in 2009 by Forth Pipe Organs, this organ is almost unique as a complete, unaltered example of this significant and pioneering organ builder, and provides an ideal vehicle for authentic performances of this music.
Included in this enjoyable programme is Stanford's first organ sonata, as well as the triumphant Marcia Eroica, Op. 189, and two world premieres in The Angelus, Op. 194, No.3 and his beautifully simple early Prelude on the ancient melody 'Jesu dulcis memoriae'.
Charles Villiers Stanford (1852-1924)
01. Marcia Eroica, Op. 189, No. 2 05:31
02. The Angelus, Op. 194, No. 3 06:45
03. Te Deum Laudamus, Fantasia, Op. 116 08:14
04. Fantasia (In Festo Omnium Sanctorum), Op. 121, No. 1 07:17
05. Idyll, Op. 121, No. 2 07:31
06. Prelude in form of a Minuet, Op. 88, No. 1 05:10
07. Prelude in form of a Toccata, Op. 88. No. 3 03:30
08. Prelude in form of a Pastorale, Op. 88, No. 5 06:12
09. Prelude on the ancient melody Jesu dulcis memoriae 04:09
Allegro Organ Sonata No. 1 in F, Op. 149
10. Allegro Organ Sonata No. 1 in F, Op. 149 04:14
11. Tempo di menuetto Organ Sonata No. 1 in F, Op. 149 03:58
12. Allegro maestoso Organ Sonata No. 1 in F, Op. 149 05:32
, organ (The Brindley & Foster organ of Freemasons' Hall, Edinburgh)
Buy Premium To Support Me & Get Resumable Support & Max Speed
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction